A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, October 19, 2023

Tire Deadlifts and Ouch!

Let's get into it.

Rebounding - 30 minutes. 

Leg Swings and Dynamic Stretches. 

Tire Deadlifts - 2 sets/6 reps/235lbs, 2 sets/6 reps/325lbs, 415lbs/6 reps, (belt and straps) 505lbs/1+Ouch!



I wanted to do 6 reps with 505lbs. First rep felt fine. When the second rep broke the ground I felt a flick in my right Hamstring where it inserts at the top. From some quick research I found that this sort of injury with Deadlifts is pretty common. I've been using a toes out technique to create a straight up and down shin. A technique Mitch Hooper recommended in a training video. I've been using it for a while now and it totally makes sense. However, with a toes out stance it engages the hamstrings more than the glutes. Oh, well. I'm not getting any younger. These sorts of injuries are gonna happen. 

https://www.physio-pedia.com/Proximal_Hamstring_Tendinopathy

Snowdaddy 

No comments: