A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Its Been A Time

So, on Thursday I injured my right Hamstring. Friday, Saturday and Sunday I volunteered to help out at the Strongest Women In Canada, Canadian Strongman Nationals and record breakers. Over the three days I averaged 15k steps per day. After the three days I was exhausted. 

Day 1 Friday was SWIC Strongest Women In Canada.  After a full day of set up I spent the evening watching the competition. During the day I met Maxime Boudreault and Sam Belliveau. Sam won her third SWIC in dominant fashion. 





Day 2 Saturday was the Canadian Nationals. Approximately 120 athletes. The day was very busy. My friends Jocelyn and Gord both won their age group/weight class. An amazing day of strength athletics.

Day 3 Sunday was record breakers. Some truly outstanding feats of strength were carried out. 

Despite being totally spent by Sunday afternoon I feel motivated to get going again. However, my right Hamstring is still an issue.

Yesterday I felt alright so I tried some light squats. 

Theragun. 

Rebounding - 30 minutes. 

Leg Swings and Dynamic Stretches.

Squats - 2 sets/6 reps/bar, 2 sets/6 reps/135lbs, 3 sets/6 reps/225lbs.


I spent the evening laying on the living room floor with the Theragun. I felt alright this morning but I don't want to push it quite yet. Tomorrow I'll do some Inclined Presses. 

Snowdaddy 

No comments: