A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, September 18, 2023

Deadlifts For Dreams 5

What a great day!!! Saturday 16 September was the 5th annual Deadlifts For Dreams. This year The Training Grounds Gym in St Malo Manitoba played host to over 30 athletes testing their max Deadlift. Such a positive energy. This year everyone managed to surpass the donation goal by almost 50%. Awesome!



My lifts went exactly as I hoped. 

227.5kg/500lbs was effortless. However, a wasp flew right in front of my eyes. I thought it may fly under my glasses. I'm sure glad it didn't. 


250kg/551lbs was very manageable. It slowed down a bit but still felt alright. 


260kg/573lbs felt heavy but there was no way I was going to miss it. The energy was intoxicating and I was locking it out no matter what. 


After the main event Deadlifts there was a truck Deadlift set up. Another bucket list activity I can cross off my list. I felt a little pop in my left elbow that's causing me a little grief today. Something I'll have to monitor. 


My wife and kids joined me for the day. It's so nice to share these events with my family.
 



Snowdaddy 

No comments: