A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, September 02, 2023

Birthday Tire Deadlifts

Yesterday was my 51st Birthday. Traditionally I've tried to do something impressive with my training on important days like Christmas and New Year. Easter and Thanksgiving. And, of course on my Birthday. I reviewed this training blog and the last bunch of years on 1st September have been less than stellar. Since I'm preparing for Deadlifts For Dreams I figured I'd do Deadlifts. 

Leg Swings and Dynamic Stretches. 

Tire Deadlifts - 165lbs/6 reps, 235lbs/6 reps, 325lbs/6 reps, 415lbs/1 rep, (belt) 505lbs/2 reps, 555lbs/1 rep, (belt and figure 8 straps) 555lbs/1 rep.




I had a stumble during the first 555lbs. The second I made up for that by holding the lockout for several seconds. I feel fat right now. But I also feel good. Good because I'm 51 years old and I can still pull big weights. 

Snowdaddy 

No comments: