A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, August 05, 2023

Deadlifts and New Bar

I got home from work, had a bite to eat, played some Fortnite then got out to the garage for some Deadlifts. 

Rebounding - 30 minutes. 

Leg Swings and Dynamic Stretches. 

Deadlifts - (OH Grip) 2 sets/6 reps/225lbs, 315lbs/6 reps, 385lbs/1 rep.



At this point I go to buy a new (to me) barbell. Bells Of Steel utility bar.



When I get home. 

Deadlifts - (normal grip) 385lbs/6 reps.


I have a question? 

I bought a CAP Boss (OB-86PB) back in 2008 when I built my first home gym. I have never trained with another Olympic barbell in my own home gym. It has been put through hell and continues to perform perfectly. Today I bought a Bells Of Steel utility bar from FB marketplace.

My question is this,

Do you think it's possible that a barbell could get jealous? I feel a tad guilty for getting this newer bar.

Snowdaddy 

No comments: