A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, May 11, 2023

Squats and Other

 So far this week it's been mixed emotions. My hip is still really bothering me. I made an appointment for Tuesday afternoon. The Dr's diagnosis so far is rheumatoid arthritis. No wonder stretching and specific exercising didn't help. Here's what the inter-web says about it,

Treatment

There is no cure for rheumatoid arthritis. But clinical studies indicate that remission of symptoms is more likely when treatment begins early with medications known as disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs).

Surgery

If medications fail to prevent or slow joint damage, you and your doctor may consider surgery to repair damaged joints. Surgery may help restore your ability to use your joint. It can also reduce pain and improve function.

(Mayo Clinic)

Considering I've been tough on my body I figured I would be the one that screwed myself up. Not the other way around. Not sure how I feel about it. But, diagnosis isn't complete yet and I have yet to discuss treatment with the Dr. Worry when there's something to worry about. 

After the appointment I bounced for an hour. My toes are still tender but I gotta do something. Yesterday I was busy with family stuff. In the evening my lovely wife tells me she has a friend who has some wood to give away. Enough that I would need the trailer. She wasn't lying. Six HUGE pieces of what must have been a gigantic tree. On top of loading all six weighing about 70lbs each she also wanted a few large rocks. I picked up three. Just for fun I weighed the rocks today. 90, 155, 165lbs. 

This pile was still on the trailer today so I incorporated unloading the trailer with my squat training today. Here's what went down. 

Rebounding - 30 minutes. 

Leg Swings and Dynamic Stretches. 

Squats - 135lbs/10 reps, 225lbs/8 reps, 315lbs/4 reps, 365lbs/3 reps, 365lbs/4 reps.

Unload the trailer. 




Toes are still tender so now it's time for a  rest.

Squats felt better. 225lbs felt like nothing. 

Snowdaddy 

No comments: