A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Squats and Keg

Ironically, the hip problem I was having has corrected itself after Tire Deadlifts on Friday. I've said it before, "Deadlifts are a cure for whatever ails you." I'm so pleased to feel normal again.

Lots of rebounding and walking at work over the weekend. Monday was spent with sleeping in and yard work. Sounds like I'm formulating excuses why I didn't lift. Today I got back at it after some running around this morning. 

Rebounding - 30 minutes. 

Leg Swings, Dynamic Stretches and Theragun. 

Buffalo Bar Squats - 105lbs/12 reps, 185lbs/10 reps, 255lbs/8 reps, 325lbs/6 reps, 375lbs/1 rep, 405lbs/1 rep.


Finally back up to four plates. This time it's on my terms. Overall health is great. A good place to be to push beyond four.

Keg Lifts - 150lbs/4 reps, 200lbs/4 reps.



First time back with the kegs since squishing my toes. This time I'm smarter than the weights I'm lifting. My problem was doubling up the crash pads. The Keg sinks in too much and becomes somewhat dangerous (vid 1). At least to my toes. Better to put two blue gym mats under one crash pad (vid 2).

Squats - 2 sets/6,8 reps/185lbs.

Static Stretches.

Good training day. Now I eat!!!

Snowdaddy 

No comments: