A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Squats and Static Holds

Training has been playing second place to life at the moment. Water damage to the house from the dishwasher and dealing with contractors and the insurance company is taking precedence. Last week I also signed up for my first ever strongman competition taking place 1st April. It's been on my bucket list to compete in strongman. I plan on keeping training almost the same but with the events listed for the competition added on. Tuesday I forgot to post that I spent 1:15hrs on the trampoline. It was awesome! Here's what went down today. 

Stationary Bike - 5 minutes (my bum hurts)

Leg Swings and Dynamic Stretches. 

Squats - bar/8 reps, 135lbs/6 reps, 195lbs/5 reps, 225lbs/5 reps, 255lbs/5 reps, 285lbs/5 reps, 315lbs/5 reps, 345lbs/5 reps.


Walk Out and Static Hold - 405lbs, 455lbs, 505lbs, 605lbs, 675lbs.


Static Stretches. 

That's it that's all.

The events for the Strongman competition are; Log Lift, Keg Over Bar, Car Deadlift and Yoke Carry. I can basically prepare for all these events with equipment I have in the garage, except Log Lift. So, I made a log.




I'm really pleased how it turned out and excited to train with it.

On yet another topic, I'm still losing weight. This morning my BW was 336.5lbs. I'm happy and feel much better for being Lighter. Let's keep the consistency train rolling on.

Snowdaddy 

No comments: