A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, April 06, 2022

New Program

I know. I've said it many times before. I've developed a new program to produce gains and also deal with reoccurring injuries like my back and left adductor. A bit of reading lead to a restructuring of long time training philosophies. Everything is working. Time to put it all together.

Dynamic Warm Ups

Stationary Bike - 10 minutes. 
Vibration Table - 5 minutes. 
Leg Swings front, back, side, side.
Arm Rotations forward and back.
Core Work.
Good Mornings.
BW Paused Squats. 

All these exercises increase blood flow and mobility to my entire body preparing me for the working sets coming up. Obviously, warm ups will include light sets and reps to lead up to working weights. 

Working Sets

The following picture shows the days, sets and rep structure.


 Obviously, the numbers will change. The weights go up exponentially, non linear. Week 6 is Max Effort or as I like to call it. "Fun Week". After week 6 start all over again but a little heavier. Say, 10lbs.

The slow reps allows me to focus of form and muscle recruitment.  The regular reps are as I would compete. Warm up weights that lead to the working sets are also slow paced. Rest between sets depends on my energy levels and motivation. 

Once weights are done it is extremely important to take the time and stretch statically. This will prime me for the next training day. 

First appearance this seems to be quite simple but this is the most detailed program I've developed. The secret is to incorporate as much as possible and still go by the KISS principle. Keep It Simple Stupid.

And that's it. Let's stay healthy and get some gains.

Snowdaddy 

No comments: