A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, February 07, 2022

New Approach

A bit of reading over the last while has taught me a few things. The most important thing I learned was that I know quite a lot about training and programming. Over the years I have written lots of different programs. Some from scratch and some I modified from other well established programs. These programs all follow a logical and systematic format of progression to build strength. That said, programming doesn't seem to be a problem. 

I did however, find a problem with my day to day training. How I approach each training day. Previously this is how I spent each workout. 

Stationary Bike 
Vibration Table 
Leg Swings 
Stretches 
Warm Up Sets
Working Sets

Here is my new approach. 

Stationary Bike
Vibration Table 
Dynamic Stretches 
Warm Up Sets
Working Sets
Static Stretches 

I did some static stretches after tire deadlifts the other day. I was pleasantly surprised that I had no DOMS. Tomorrow I'll incorporate the new approach with squats and I'll see how it goes.

Snowdaddy 

No comments: