A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, January 07, 2022

Bench Press

During the holidays I really wanted to test my 1RM on all three lifts. Unfortunately, adductor problems kept me from lifting heavy. Today I gave the bench a go.

Stationary Bike - 20 minutes. 

Leg Swings and Stretches. 

Rotator Laterals. 

Bench Press - 3 sets/6 reps/bar, 3 sets/6 reps/95lbs, 3 sets/6 reps/135lbs, 3 sets/6 reps/185lbs, 3 sets/6 reps/225lbs, 275lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/4 reps, 335lbs/2 reps, 2sets/1 rep/355lbs.




Seated Band Triceps Ext - 3 sets/16 reps per arm/Orange Band. 

Seated Concentration Curls - 3 sets/12 reps per arm/35lbs.

This took over two hours to complete today's training. I think I'm going to shorten my rest periods. Bench isn't as strong as I would like but I'm sure when my Squats and Deadlifts come back my Bench will too.
On the subject of my adductor, on top of what I'm already doing I have a few more ideas. Cat/cow stretch. Ankle mobility. Normal, not wide squat stance. Can't hurt.

Snowdaddy 

No comments: