A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, February 13, 2021

Heavy ish Tire Deadlifts

The weather hasn't gotten much better and it's still ridiculously cold. The garage is -21°C today. It's not such an issue for squats and bench press but when I have to grasp the bar for deadlifts wearing gloves is a problem. I found some thin gloves on my last set so I pushed myself a little. 

Tire Deadlifts - 2 sets/12 reps/165lbs, 2 sets/8 reps/235lbs, 2 sets/6,8 reps/325lbs, 2 sets/3 reps415lbs, 2 sets/6 reps/415lbs (with figure 8 straps).


No belt today. Everything felt really solid. Supper and beers as a reward. 

Snowdaddy 

2 comments:

Jeffrey Vanco said...

What kind of tires/rims are those? Do they fit a regular powerlifting barbell?

Thank you for your help :)

Snowdaddy said...

They are the Snow tires off of a small car we owned. The center hole is slightly larger than 2 inches. I put a 25lbs plate in the hollow of the rim for extra stability.