A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, January 18, 2021

Heavy Squats

Diet is still on point. Weighed in at 340lbs. I'm picking up little things as I go and incorporating them with my diet as I go. I have a swig of apple cider vinegar before my first meal (yuck). I have plain Metamucil before going to bed. Today I clued in to have another spoon of fiber with my protein shake. I have high expectations this time around.

Leg Swings and Stretches. 

Squats - bw/12 reps, 2 sets/8 reps/135lbs, 225lbs/6 reps, (put on knee sleeves and belt) 315lbs/3 reps, 365lbs/3 reps, 405lbs/3 reps, 440lbs/1 rep.



Turtle Squats - 2 sets/8 reps/45lbs.

After watching the videos I noticed, it's hard not to notice, that I'm pitching forward quite a bit. I assume it's the wedge style squat shoes. Looking at past videos of some of my best squats I am wearing flat shoes and take a slightly wider stance. Things to work on.

Snowdaddy 

No comments: