A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, November 13, 2020

Heavy Bench Press

I've been feeling like crap lately. My back is just starting to get better. IE, it didn't cramp up while I was sleeping last night. However it was a little stiff this morning. Right now it feels completely normal. Weird. I've also been eating a lot of carbs. This tends to make me feel bloated and sluggish. In other words, lately I feel fat and old. Oh well, time for some heavy presses in my freezing cold garage. 

Rotator Laterals - 3 sets/20 reps/10lbs.
High Cable Rows - 3 sets/20 reps/35kg.

Bench Press - 2 sets/20 reps/135lbs, 225lbs/10 reps, 315lbs/3 reps, 335lbs/2 reps, 345lbs/1 rep, 3 sets/1 rep/360lbs, 225lbs/8 reps.


High Cable Rows - 3 sets/12 reps/45kgs.

You know it's cold when you have to keep the nose torque under your armpit to thaw it out. All-in-all not a bad workout. It was a little cold but my new propane heater did it's job. Lately my Bench Press hasn't been that good. Today the weight moved alright. Now I feel better for getting under the bar.

Snowdaddy 

No comments: