A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, September 19, 2020

ME Deadlifts

Today came together beautifully. Wonderful weather, International Talk Like A Pirate Day, ME Deadlifts and Deadlifts For Dreams all at once. Last year I judged at this great charity event. With the Covid pandemic a typical competition isn't practical. Lifting at home and sending in the attempts is a much safer option. 

Leg Swings and Stretches.

Deadlifts - 2 sets/6 reps/225lbs, 315lbs/3 reps, 405lbs/1 rep.

This was the end of my warm up. All comfortable and easy lifts.

First Attempt - 505lbs.


Very Comfortable. Ready for more.

Second Attempt - 530lbs.


I wanted this number as it would be the Manitoba Provincial record. Still ready for more. 

Third Attempt - 550lbs.


A solid third attempt. That was my max for today. I had nothing left. Since my back problems I haven't pulled this much. Feels good to be this strong again. 

Snowdaddy 

No comments: