A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Hypertrophic Bench Press

Today didn't go quite the way I wanted. Most training days don't go the way I want. Either they go better or worse varying in magnitude. Today I just felt flat. No real drive.

Lots of Stretches and Shoulder Mobility.

Rotator Laterals - 2 sets/20 reps/10lbs.
Seated Bent Over Laterals - 3 sets/12 reps/10lbs.

Bench Press - 2 sets/12 reps/135lbs, 2 sets/8 reps/225lbs, 6 sets/6,4,4,3,3,4 reps/315lbs.


Alternate the following 

OH Plate Ext - 3 sets/16 reps/45lbs.
Plate Front Raises - 3 sets/8,12,12 reps/45lbs.
Dumbbell Rows - 3 sets/12 reps/35lbs.


A really good workout nonetheless but not very strong. Next time. 

I also spent some time refurbishing two of my really rusty 45lbs plates. Here's how they turned out.







Wire brush to remove the rust and dirt. Wipe down with vinegar. Spray paint with a rust inhibiting paint. I used Rust-Oleum Royal Blue gloss. I think it turned out pretty good. Now for the rest of my plates.

Snowdaddy 

No comments: