A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, July 24, 2020

More Bench Plus Other Fun Stuff

A good and long time friend of mine dropped by for so chin wagging and Bench Press. I know that I Benched the other day but I  was inspired to again. See my friend is a seven time National Champion and National record holder in the Bench Press. 

Rotator Laterals - 10lbs/20 reps.

Bench Press - 2 sets/12 reps/135lbs, 225lbs/10 reps, 250lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/7 reps.

Push Ups- 4 sets/12 reps.

Band Assisted Pull Ups - 6 sets/12 reps alternate sets front/behind neck. 

Vibration Table Plank - 2 sets/1 minute. 

315lbs for 7 is not too shabby. Not my best of 9 reps but I was pressing 405lbs for a single then. The vibration table planks were neat.

On Wednesday my son and I cleared out a lot of junk and I organized my gym space. Now it's a much better environment for training.

My buddy also had a stellar bench day. He hit 305lbs for a paused single. Did I forget to mention that he weighs 165lbs. Epic!!!

Snowdaddy 

No comments: