A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, February 04, 2019

Squats

My Squats are feeling better but I'm still trying to feel comfortable with my form. The best squat I've ever had was at the 2016 IPF World Powerlifting Championships. My third attempt was 240kg and I totally smoked it. Both side judges gave me red lights. I have watched this video at lease a hundred times and the judges got the call wrong. It was a completely legal lift.


Now that I've vented It's time to post today's lifts.

Warm Up Matrix.

Squats - bar/8 reps, 2 sets/8 reps/70kg, 120kg/4 reps, 2 sets/1 rep/150kg, 150kg/2 reps, 160kg/1 rep, 160kg/2 reps, 2 sets/8 reps/70kg.

Next Squat day I'm going to set up squat stands so I can comfortably grasp the bar collar to collar the way I did at the Worlds. Feeling good and eager to put more weight on the bar.

Snowdaddy

No comments: