A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Bench Press

Busy day yesterday. I worked Monday night through Tuesday morning. I slept till 1030hrs then played Dad's taxi. I managed to have a couple free hours between taskings so Bench Press was in order. I felt much better for it.

Light Stretches and Mobility.

Bench Press

W/U - 135lbs/12 reps, 205lbs/12 reps, 275lbs/6 reps.

Power Phase - 6 sets/1 rep/345lbs, 2 sets/1 rep/350lbs.

Pump Phase - 5 sets/6 reps/275lbs.

The following sets were mixed in with the Power and Pump phases sets.

Bent Over Dumbbell Rows - 50lbs/12 reps, 4 sets/12 reps/55lbs.

Band Assisted Pull Ups - 3 sets/12 reps.

Lots of volume both front and back. I missed the last set of pump phase due to time. The band assisted pull ups were awesome and I will incorporate them into my training. Today I am a little stiff and sore but feel thick and full. Feels great!

Snowdaddy

No comments: