A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, October 05, 2018

Bench Press and Squats

Monday was a PT period so I took advantage of the time to hit some weights.

Stretching and Shoulder Warm Up Band Work.

Alternate The Following
Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 205lbs/12 reps, 5 sets/12 reps/225lbs.
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 6 sets/12 reps/60kg.

Lots of volume felt great. My back had a great pump.

Busy week meant I couldn't get into train. Today I was off so I joined a buddy for training at the Strength Club.

Leg Swings and Stretching/Mobility.

Squats - bar/6 reps, 70kg/6 reps, 70kg/6 reps, 100kg/3 reps, 120kg/3 reps.

At this point I put on my neoprene shorts with my belt and knee sleeves that I was already wearing.

Squats - 150kg/3 reps, 170kg/1 rep.

Take of neoprene shorts.

Squats - 120kg/3 reps, 120kg/6 reps.

Today I also wore my squat shoes. My mechanics are all messed up from losing so much weight. I found the squat shoes really helped. My groove was much better today.

Snowdaddy

No comments: