A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Friday and Saturday

Friday I was off work. It allowed me the time to get together with some friends at the 17 Wing Strength Club. I'm still lacking tremendously in the Squats department. A fellow lifter explained that it was simply my CNS that isn't conditioned to move big weights. That sort of made me feel better. However, I still didn't do very much in the Squat department.

Leg Swings and Stretching.
Squats - 3 sets/6 reps/bar, 4 sets/4 reps/70kg.

Enough Squats. Time to play with some Deadlifts.

Deadlifts - 2 sets/6 reps/70kg (Sumo), 6 sets/6 reps/120kg (Conv).

The Deadlifts felt pretty good. I video taped my lifts and I'm not dropping my hips the way I would like. Lots to work on.

Yesterday I spent some time in the garage. I'm really enjoying super setting Pressing with Bent Over Dumbbell Rows. Good stretch and good upper body pump.

Light Stretching.

Super Set the following,
Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 6 sets/12 reps/185lbs.
Bent Over Dumbbell Rows - 30lbs/12 reps, 6 sets/12 reps/50lbs.

Keeping active by working on volume and mobility by going through the motions.

Snowdaddy

No comments: