A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, August 27, 2018

Bench Press and Deadlifts

Sorry that I haven't been posting even though I promised I would post more frequently. On Wednesday last week I was told I was being deployed. I didn't know when I was going and I didn't know for how long I would be gone. I was told to pack and wait at home until I received word. While waiting at home I packed then went out into the garage for some Bench Press.

Light Stretching.
Bench Press - 2 sets/8 reps/135lbs, 225lbs/6 reps, 275lbs/1 rep, 4 sets/1 rep/315lbs, 4 sets/3 reps/275lbs, 3 sets/6, 8, 10 reps/225lbs.
Dumbbell Hammer Curls - 6 sets/12 reps/35lbs.

I varied grip width from set to set. I finding my narrow grip, pinkies on rings, to be my strongest press lately. The Hammer Curls are feeling really good.

Today I actually did something that resembled lifting. Where I am deployed there is a crappy Olympic bar and some plates. There is no rack, nor is there a bench. There are a few useless machines and a bowflex. YUCK! Deadlifts it is.

Light Stretching.
Conventional Deadlifts - 4 sets/6 reps/185lbs.
Sumo Deadlifts - 4 sets/6, 8, 8, 10 reps/185lbs.

Not much to speak about but I have been working my Sumo stance and I'm starting to like it. More work required indeed.

Oh ya, I also went for a 3.5km, 45 minute walk today. Ya me!

Snowdaddy

No comments: