A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, June 17, 2018

More Walking

It's been a good week end. Friday Morning I went for the regular 2km walk around the block. Friday after class I came home and went out into the garage for some Bench Press.

Light Stretching.
Bench Press - 2 sets/12 reps/135lbs, 225lbs/6 reps, 5 sets/1 rep/315lbs, 225lbs/8 reps.

Walking/Jogging - 4.5km @11:29/km pace.

I did a lot more jogging during that 4.5km. The pace shows.

After that I got a shower and went to the airport to pick up my lovely wife. She was gone for over a month and I am so very pleased to have her home.

Saturday morning I got up and went to the Strength Club with my son.

Saturday morning body weight 290.5lbs

Leg Swings and Lots of Stretching.
Squats - 2 sets/6 reps/bar, 2 sets/6 reps/135lbs, 2 sets/4 reps/225lbs.

At that point I felt a pull deep in my left hamstring. Time to stop.

The rest of the day I just took it easy and went shopping with my wife and kids.

This morning I slept in as it is Father's Day. Lots of sleep felt great. Today my daughter had a basket ball game. After that we came home and started supper. I went out to the garage and did some weight training.

Alternate the following.
NG Bench Press - 6 sets/12 reps/135lbs.
Seated Dumbbell Hammer Curls - 6 sets/12 reps/35lbs.
Inclined Dumbbell Flys - 6 sets/12 reps/35lbs.
Standing Side Laterals - 6 sets/12 reps/15lbs.

After weights I had a lovely steak diner made by my wife. Then I convinced her to join me on a 4.6km walk. It took just over an hour. I was great to have some company especially my sweetheart.

Snowdaddy


No comments: