A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Burpee Deadlifts

Inspired by the 18.2 crossfit work outs lately I wanted to try it. I tried the dumbbell squats and couldn't do them. Not enough upper body mobility to get the dumbbells in a proper position to squat. Substitute with deadlifts of 70kg.

Leg Swings and Stretching.

Burpee / Deadlifts
Set1 - 1 thru 5 reps.
rest enough to bring my heart rate back to under 100 pbm.
Set 2 - 6 and 7 reps.
rest.
Set 3 - 8 reps.
rest.
Set 4 - 9 reps.
rest.
Set 5 - 10 reps.
Die!

The whole thing combined not including the rest was about 10:50. It was tough and I was sucking wind. I wanted to stop at 8 reps but told myself to rest a little longer then give er'!

Burpee / Deadlift Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4s6yr2TWo
Lots of calories burnt today. BW 315lbs.

Snowdaddy

No comments: