A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, February 12, 2018

Looking To Get Back Into A Routine.

Looking back at past posts I found some really good information.

Learning



As I have said before I am constantly leaning about Powerlifting. If someone could show me everything at once I wouldn't want it. Powerlifting, for me, is a journey and I need to find out things for myself. My education is my own. Yesterday and last night I learned a huge lesson.

Warm Up
Leg Swings and Stretching.
Squats - 75kg/6 reps, 125kg/4 reps, 165kg/2 reps.

Power Phase
Squats (with belt and knee sleeves) - 210kg/miss, 200kg/miss.

At this point I am frustrated and confused. The strength I had leading up to Nationals is gone.

Pump Phase
Squats (with belt and knee sleeves) - 6 sets/3 reps/160kg.

This weight felt better and I felt better for pushing through.

When I got to work I had a long conversation with a fellow lifter who told me about Hypertrophy Post Competition training. There are lots good articles online describing what it's all about. The following link is the article my friend told me to read.

No Nonsense Periodization For Powerlifting

So here is my plan for the next few months.

Day 1
Squats - 5 sets/12 reps
Bench Press - 5 sets/12 reps.

Day 2
Bench Press - 5 sets/12 reps.
Deadlifts - 5 sets/12 reps.

I want to keep it simple as this is my first time trying this. I am also starting ridiculously light, 70kg for all three lifts. I'm sure the weight increase will come quick but the first few training days are gonna suck.

Snowdaddy

This will become my new training regime. Of course I will continue to swim and skip but this will structure my weight training and hopefully I will return to some former glory.

Snowdaddy



No comments: