A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Training

I'm having a tough time coming up with fun titles to my blog posts. Everything lately is about spending time in the pool and loosing weight. Today was and as it will be for a while is strictly training.

Swimming
400m rev IM order wu.
4 x 50m (25 sprint, 25 easy) on 1:30.
100m mixed for video.

Swimming Video

I wanted to see my swimming technique so I videoed with my cell phone. I'm happy with my form but I am still too big. My bulk is keeping me from going faster. Currently I have lost 28lbs. Another 28lbs down and another 6 weeks and I'll be that much faster in the pool.

After swimming I went to the strength club for some weights.

Squats - 2 sets/bar/8 reps, 2 sets/8 reps/70kg.
Bench Squats - 70kg/10 reps, 2 sets/8, 10 reps/120kg.
Ab Sling Knee Ups - 3 sets/15 reps.

The Knee Ups are getting easier. The Squats felt terrible and I really wanted to try different exercises so I dragged over a bench. No where near parallel but it still worked. Train less like a Powerlifter and just for fun strength.

Snowdaddy

No comments: