A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, November 11, 2017

I'm Retired

I've been dragging my feet about writing this post but I guess I can't put it off any longer. I am retiring from Powerlifting. I started this blog back in 2005 when I started Powerlifting. Tomorrow starts my first day training to get back into swimming. There are several reasons why I'm quitting competitive Powerlifting. The most important reason is, I have been over 300lbs for over 10 years. As I'm getting older I need a serious change. I love swimming. I always have. Being big and strong is no longer a priority for me. The ketogenic diet I started about 5 weeks ago is going great. I started at 355lbs. This morning I weighed in at 333lbs. Down 22lbs and I'm feeling much better about myself. Now is time to strike and hit the pool. I will continue to post my progress which will include my swim practices and eventually my competitions. Weights will always be part of my training, just not the priority.

Snowdaddy

No comments: