A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, February 10, 2017

Bench Press

I finally made it back into the gym. It's been almost two weeks now. Work is crazy and I just haven't had any time. I am currently in Florida, near Miami, with work. I was excited about trying some local gyms like I did in California but the local commercial gyms are terrible. Today I trained at the base gym where I am working.

Light Stretching.
Spent at least 20 minutes figuring out the bench position and rack heights.
Bench Press - 2 sets/12 reps/135lbs, 225lbs/12 reps, 7 sets/3, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 4 reps/315lbs.
Close Grip Bench Press - 4 sets/6 reps/225lbs.

Not very strong but the volume felt good and I could feel my muscles enjoying every rep. I feel guilty when ever I take an extended break from lifting but deep down I know it's good for me. As I get older I find I am getting more picky on where I train. Both 24 Hour Fitness and LA Fitness almost made me physically ill the moment I walk through the door. The base gym had a much better vibe. Depending on schedule I'm not sure when I will train next but it will be Deadlifts.

Snowdaddy

No comments: