A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, November 11, 2016

Squats and Bench Press

I was feeling ambitious for Squats today. Last Squat training day at March AFB went really well so I wanted to push myself a bit at Inland Empire Barbell.

Leg Swings and Stretching.
Squats - 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, (belt and knee sleeves) 315lbs/6 reps, 405lbs/3 reps, 425lbs/2 reps, 455lbs/1 rep, 405lbs/3 reps.

At this point I fucked up. I was going to do a few sets of 405lbs/3 reps but when I tried to put the bar back in the rack I pinched my right hand then continued to struggle to replace the bar. Completely gassed I dropped the bar on the safeties over my head which wasn't pleasant. I dropped the weight and continued.

Squats - 2 sets/6 reps/225lbs. On to Bench Press.

Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/12 reps, 3 sets/6 reps/275lbs, 2 sets/6 reps/225lbs.

I was a bit bummed out by dumping the bar so the rest of my work out suffered. However this was the strongest work out I've had since Worlds in June. Now that I've got that out of my system next Squat day will be more conservative with 6 sets of 6 reps.

Snowdaddy

No comments: