A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Bench Press

Interesting chain of events. A few days ago I noticed my lower left abdominal area felt painful. Kind of like a stitch in your side when running but much lower. I was concerned that it may be a hernia. It still may be but I'm trying to rule out other simple things. My diet since being in California has been less than ideal. Lots of heavy food may be the cause of some sort of gastric discomfort. I have picked up some gas relief and some fiber. hopefully between the two it knocks something loose. Yesterday I went for my last training day at Inland Empire Barbell. It wasn't much of a work out as my side was a bit painful and I was called into work earlier than expected. I did however get some mobility warm up sets done and I felt better for it during our long work afternoon and night.

My side bothered me all though last night but leveled out throughout today. To subside the boredom from sitting around my hotel room all day I decide a Bench Press work out wouldn't hurt in the hotel gym. The hotel has a Precor bench and Hampton bar. Total bar weight is 300lbs. Not too bad.

Warm Ups.
Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 155lbs/12 reps, 185lbs/12 reps, 205lbs/12 reps, 255lbs/12 reps, 275lbs/6 reps, 300lbs/6 reps, 255lbs/6reps, 205lbs/12 reps, 205lbs/12 reps.
Standing Dumbbell Hammer Curls - 25lbs/12 reps, 30lbs/12 reps, 35lbs/12 reps.

It felt good to stretch my side out while getting set on the bench. Not sure if I did my side good or buggered it. I guess I'll find out later.

Snowdaddy

No comments: