A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

What a Crazy Week

On top of being sick with a cold I also had an extremely busy schedule all last week and week end. I took some time off work and rested. Friday I was a member of the 17 Wing Plane Pull Team for United Way. We finished third. Friday afternoon / evening I helped with set up for the 2016 Manitoba Powerlifting Provincials held at 17 Wing. All day Saturday was the Provincials. 52 lifters made this the biggest Provincials to date. It was a 12 hour day. Sunday I took my family to my work's family BBQ. Monday I took it easy in the AM because I had to work evenings.
Today I dragged myself to the gym for some hypertrophic Squats training. Right now I feel much better for it..


Legs Swings and lots of Stretching.
Squats - 2 sets/12 reps/bar, 3 sets/12 reps/70kg, 3 sets/12 reps/80kg.


After reviewing past training before Worlds I realized I goofed and missed Bench Press. Below is a proposed plan of hypertrophic training for the next 4 to 6 weeks.


Day 1 Squats and Bench Press (6 sets/12 reps)
Day 2 Deadlifts and Bench Press (6 sets/12 reps)


The idea of this volume based training is to gradually increase the total volume of training every work out. Today felt good. I will enjoy some awesome gains in the not so near future.


Snowdaddy

No comments: