A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Day 2

After Sunday's training my adductor has been a problem and my hamstrings have been extremely tight. Training needs to get done and with the weather changing for the better it's time to train in my garage. I took warm ups very slow and easy and didn't complete a full training day but I am pleased with today's performance. Keep on keepin' on.

Warm Up
Leg Swings and Stretching.
Squats - bar/6 reps, bar/6 reps, 135lbs/8 reps, 135lbs/8 reps, 225lbs/3 reps.

Working Sets
Squats - 6 sets/3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5 reps/315lbs.
Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 5 sets/6 reps/225lbs.
Below Knee Rack Pulls - 4 sets/12 reps/225lbs.

I don't know why my left adductor is now problematic while doing Deadlifts yet not so bad while doing Squats. A friend of mine suggested I push my back into the bar during Squats instead of pulling the bar into my back. It seemed to make a huge difference. So much so, even my adductor didn't bother me so much. Interesting.

Snowdaddy

No comments: