A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Squats

Very hot and humid today. Eventhough the Strength Club is in the basement it still is muggy and warm. Oh well, down to business.

Warm Up
Leg Swings and Stretching.
Squats - 65kg/6 reps, 65kg/4 reps, 105kg/4 reps, 145kg/2 reps, 145kg/1 rep.

Power Phase
Squats - (no belt, no sleeves) 185kg/1 rep, (belt and sleeves) 5 sets/1 rep/185kg (last set was a double).

Pump Phase
Box Squats - 3 sets/7 reps/225lbs, 1 set/4 reps/275lbs.

I am somewhat pleased with the Power Phase of training today. The single with no gear at the beginning of the Power Phase was very heavy and came up slow. The reps got better the more I did. A double at the end was good. I did the Pump Phase upstairs in the main gym because a Strength Club member needed to use the power rack and because the airconditioning is really nice in the main gym. I did cut the Pump Phase a bit short because I was running out of time before work.

My general feeling is... I really need to work on my Squats.

Snowdaddy

No comments: