A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Bench Press

Bench Press training today was great! I felt very strong and I learned something.

Warm Up
Leg Swings and Stretching.
Bench Press - 65kg/12 reps, 65kg/4 dynamic reps, 105kg/8 reps, 105kg/4 dynamic reps, 145kg/4 reps.

Power Phase
Bench Press - 6 sets/1 rep/170kg.

Pump Phase
Bench Press - 6 sets/3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4 reps/315lbs.

Instead of doing the pump phase in the dungeon of the 17 Wing Strength Club I pressed in the main gym. The pump phase felt really good and I handles the 315lbs easily. The thing I learned today is this... Set up two inches lower on the bench. It is a bit of a pain the drag the bar out over my chest that far but it makes lots of room to press. Plus I found by pulling the bar from the rack to over my chest it allows for a tighter set up. The final two singles of the power phase were much easier than the first four sets. Always learning.

Snowdaddy

No comments: