A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Deadlifts

Short on time yesterday I wanted an intense heavy Deadlift work out.

Warm Up
Leg Swings and Stretching.
Foam Rolling Calves and Hamstrings.
Squats - 20kg/8 reps, 65kg/6 reps, 65kg/4 dynamic reps.
Deadlifts - 100kg/6 reps, 140kg/4 reps.

Working Sets
Deadlifts - 5 sets/1 rep/180, 180, 225, 225, 245kg.
I was surprised when I thought my last set was 235kg. I recalculated the bar and was pleased to see 245kg on the platform. It's almost time for work so I phone in and say I'm running late. Time for more fun.
Rack Pulls (bar sitting on top of knee cap) - All Singles 240, 280, 320, 320kg.

Now its time to go to work, but, I have felt a strain in my left scapula area. As I am putting the plates away The pain and tightness starts to increase. I got into the foam roller and a slam ball against the wall. It really helped but some naproxen shortly after getting cleaned up made things manageable. I got up this morning and the spot is still tight. An ibuprofen and further foam rolling I feel almost normal. Today is a rest day. Tomorrow is Bench Press. I hope I will be able to press.

Snowdaddy

No comments: