A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Bench Press

Really pushing myself during the last bit of time I have left. The last bunch of weeks have been favorable for training. I have had lots of time to myself and I made sure to take advantage of this and push myself. Not a precompetition program but I feel I've made some decent progress.

Warm Up
Leg Swings and Stretching.
Bench Press - 75kg/12 reps, 75kg/4 dynamic reps, 125kg/10 reps, 125kg/3 dynamic reps.

Power Phase
Bench Press - 5 sets/1 rep/167.5kg.
all singles had a solid pause on my chest. Sticking point is there but I pushed through it every time.

Pump Phase
Bench Press - 6 sets/6, 6, 6, 6, 5, 5 reps/130kg.

A really solid work out. On a side note I was training with my 12 year old son who I have been training how to properly Squat. He weighs ~40kg and today he managed 47.5kg (104.7lbs). Very proud to him.

Snowdaddy

No comments: