A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Bench Press

I need to take a day of rest between Squats and Bench Press. My elbows today were bothering me so much I had trouble finishing the work out. I am pleased with my performance dispite the painfull elbows.

Warm Up
Leg Swings and Stretching.
Foam Rolling Back.
Bench Press - 60kg/12 reps, 60kg/12 reps, 100kg/10 reps, 140kg/4 reps.

Power Phase
Bench Press - 6 sets/1 rep/150kg.

Pump Phase
Bench Press - 6 sets/5, 5, 4, 5, 4, 4 reps/100kg + light bands.

WG Lat Pull Downs - 2 sets/6 reps/190lbs.

Lowing the weight was agony. the last few inches before touching my chest with the bar was very distracting. Although not any where near my strongest bench work out I am feeling better and every Power Phase rep felt very easy and controlled.

Snowdaddy

No comments: