A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Aspirations

It may be detrimental to next weeks Powerlifting competition but I am already formulating a plan for Nationals. I haven't even come close to my true potential. I asked a friend of mine, who is an elite level lifter, "What makes you able to lift big weights and I can't?" This question has be rolling around in my mind for quite some time. I believe I have the genetic potential to move mountains. The problem is motivation and confidence but more so confidence. After the competition the next 16 weeks will be dedicated to training my ass off for Nationals. Realistically I am able to reach my life goals of 500/400/600. The following is the plan.

Monday
Squats - Power and Pump Phases.
Extras - Hamstring strength, Flexibility.

Tuesday
Bench Press - Power and Pump Phases.
Extras - Biceps and Triceps strength, Upper Back strength.

Wednesday
Core Work - Various Exercises.

Thursday
Cardio - Walking or Jogging.

Friday
Deadlifts - Power and Pump Phases.

Saturday
Core Work and / or Cardio.

Sunday
Rest.

I am sticking to my regular routine as in the past but adding a few extras. I feel these "Extras" will be the secret to my success. Let the fun begin.

Snowdaddy

No comments: