A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Squats

Strength is still increasing. I am however finding that my head has to be in the game to continue going up in weight. I was supposed to squat yesterday but I just didn't have the drive. Instead I sat and watched the 1983 World's Strongest Man and today I was ready to squat.

Warm Up
Stretching.
Squats - 135lbs/8 reps.
More Stretching.
Squats - 225lbs/8 reps, 315lbs/4 reps.

Power Phase
Squats (with belt) - 4 sets/1 rep/425lbs (last single with knee sleeves).
*aprox 5 minutes rest between sets*

Pump Phase
Squats (with belt) - 5 sets/5, 5, 4, 4, 5 reps/285lbs + 120lbs chain, 1 set/4 reps/295lbs + 120lbs chain.
*shorter rest that power phase*

A really good work out. Worth waiting an extra day. The 425lbs singles felt heavy but I still managed them with a little straining. Next week I'll be taking a break from squats. My last work out will be heavy Bench Press in gear this Sunday morning.

Snowdaddy

No comments: