A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Last Bench Work Out

Last Bench Press work out in gear before Provincials. Today didn't go according to plan. It seldom does just before competition and the important part is to remember to stay focused.

Warm Up
Light Stretching.
Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/10 reps, 315lbs/4 reps, 365lbs/1 rep.

Power Phase
Bench Press (Titan FURY sz 50) - 220kg/3 board/ miss, 200kg/3 board/2 reps, 200kg/2, 1 board/2 reps, 220kg/3 board / barely 1 rep.

Two main observations. I started too heavy in the gear and with it being cool and humid outside my elbows and forearms hurt and began to ache. A real quick way to bring a work out to an end. I also didn't pay attention to my sleeves on my bench shirt. They were rotated in about an inch and I didn't get the same pop out of the shirt as I did my last two work outs. Instead of worrying about details I cut my work out there and will prepare myself for the competition this Saturday.

Snowdaddy

No comments: