A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, March 09, 2013

Bench Press

Fourth work out, second Bench Press work out again this week. I feel my Bench Press is really enjoying the extra work. Tonight sure showed that the extra work is paying off.

Warm Up
Foam Rolling (opening up my upper back).
Stretching.
Bench Press - 135lbs/16 reps, 225lbs/10 reps.
Stretching.

Power Phase
Bench Press - 7 sets/1 rep/345lbs.
*4 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Bench Press (with Titan RAM and wrist wraps) - 6 sets/4, 5, 5, 4, 4, 5 reps/345lbs.
*4 minutes rest after each set*

Extra Stuff
alternate the following
Over Head Plate Extensions - 3 sets/16, 20, 22 reps/45lbs.
Plate Curls - 3 sets/16, 20, 22 reps/45lbs.

I feel great tonight. My left fore arm was bothering my last week. Today I wore my wrist wraps on all Pump Phase sets and I feel much better. Tomorrow I'm off training and helping my wife renovate our en suite bathroom. Monday I'll be Squatting.

Snowdaddy

No comments: