A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Bench Press

It's been a really tough week for training. I'm off work all this week and my ensuite bathroom shower has been leaking. Before the water damage gets too severe it was time for some renovations. My wife and I are laymen at best when it comes to these sort of "Do it yourself" projects. We've been at it all week and managed to get most of it done. There is still some tile work, put the shower stall together and paint. Maybe three more full days of work. Today I decided I better get back into the gym.

Warm Up
Lots of light Stretching.
Bench Press - 135lbs/16 reps, 225lbs/8 reps, 315lbs/3 reps.
More Stretching.

Power Phase
Bench Press - 6 sets/1 rep/345lbs, 2 sets/1 rep/355lbs.
*4 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Bench Press - 5 sets/4 reps/355lbs, 1 set/4 reps/365lbs.
*2 minutes rest after each set*

Much better benching today than last week. I'm sure the rest had something to do with it. My left forearm feels much better than last week. I'm still bouncing the weights off my chest but I'm pleased with the weights. Tomorrow off, Monday Squats. I can't wait.

Snowdaddy

No comments: