A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, March 08, 2013

Deadlift

Went into work a few hours early to get in a Deadlift work out. Another busy week working nights I'm pleased all my work outs got done this week.

Warm Up
Paused Squats - 135lbs/8 reps.
Stretching, opening hips.
Paused Squats - 135lbs/8 reps, 225lbs/6 reps.
Deadlift - 405lbs/3 reps.

Power Phase
Deadlift (with belt) - 4 sets/1 rep/525lbs.
*Enough rest to chit-chat with fellow lifters*

Pump Phase
Deadlift (with belt) - 4 sets/4 reps/405lbs, 2 sets/3 reps/405lbs.
*Enough rest to chit-chat but less than Power Phase*

The Pump Phase Deadlifts felt really easy. I could have done 405lbs for 6 to 8 reps. My technique is looking better. Hamstrings are coming more into play. As my Squats get stronger, so shall my Deadlifts.

Snowdaddy

No comments: