A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, April 05, 2012

Deadlifts

After the walk yesterday my posterior chain this morning was very tight. I didn't really want to deadlift but again I'm glad I did. Lots of stretching, foam rolling and a good warm up made things much better.

Warm Up
Foam Rolling.
Stretching.
Paused Squats - bar/12 reps, 135lbs/8 reps.
Deadlifts - 315lbs/6 reps.

Power Phase
Deadlifts (raw no belt) - 5 sets/1 rep/485lbs.
*ample rest for recovery*

Pump Phase
Good Mornings - 6 sets/6 reps/225lbs.
*ample rest for recovery*

Although I posted "ample rest for recovery" in truth I took no more than 4 to 5 minutes rest. I was doing some reading on Good Mornings and now feel that they will benefit my Pump Phase of training more than doing Deadlifts. Right now my whole back side is pumped.

Snowdaddy

No comments: