A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, March 08, 2012

Deadlifts

Another in a long list of great work outs. Since my squat and bench are up I decided to drag along my deadlifts for some fun.

Warm Up
Paused Squats (2 seconds at bottom) - 2 sets/6 reps/135lbs.
Stretching
Deadlifts - 315lbs/6 reps.

Power Phase
Deadlifts - 6 sets/1 rep/475lbs.
*3 to 5 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Good Mornings - 3 sets/6 reps/225lbs, 3 sets/6 reps/245lbs.
*3 to 5 minutes rest after each set*

The Power Phase wasn't overly difficult. 475lbs came up nice and easy. I'll go to 8 singles before going up in weight. After the work out I went for a walk around the neighbourhood. Today it is unusually warm, currently +9 degC, so a walk was inorder. Right now my quads and hams are really pumped.

Snowdaddy

No comments: