A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Board Press

I've decided to change my routine yet again. I'm still going to follow the Doug Hepburn routine with a Power Phase and Pump Phase. Instead of Squats Pump Phase I'll be doing Dynamic Box Squats. I'll also be adding a second Bench day with 6 sets of board presses with upper back work. Today I did Board Presses.

Warm Up
Stationary Bike - 5 minutes.
Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/8 reps, 275lbs/6 reps (one board).
Stretching.

One Board Press - 6 sets/3 reps/315lbs.
*3 minutes rest after each set*

One Arm Dumbbell Rows - 4 sets/8 reps per side/85lbs.
*3 minutes rest after each set*

Cardio - Walk Jog around block - 10 to 12 minutes.

The board presses went up fairly easy. I made sure the dumbbell rows were quick and dynamic. The jogging is becoming easier and I'm doing more than walking. Tomorrow we're expecting hurricane Irene so I don't think I'll be getting a work out in.
Lately I've been very motivated to take my weights into uncharted territory. I've got a raw competition the end of November and I'm planning big things.

Snowdaddy

No comments: