A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

Speed Bench

Once again I've been formulating a program. This time it will incorporate bands. I'm very pleased with the West Side DE/ ME program but I find it very demanding over the long term. Since I did Squats on the week end I started this week with Bench.

Speed Bench - warm ups, 10 sets/3 reps/195lbs.
Dips - 3 sets/12 reps (with medium band assistance).

All the work outs in this program are short and sweet. I'll have my annual PT test coming due soon and I'll have to start jogging. A full blown powerlifting work out with lots of support work will do nothing but burn me out. I'm sure everyone reading this is saying, "Are you kidding me?". I've been training long enough to know how much I can handle over the long term. Anyway I don't have a competition any time soon so this is purely moving weight to maintain what I've got. (or what I have yet to accomplish).

Snowdaddy

No comments: