A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 11 of 24

I was on course today which was released a bit early so I had a bit of time to work out. I'm not scheduled for day 11 until Wednesday but with the extra time I figured it wouldn't hurt today.

Last Night Various Core Work
Crunches - 25 reps.
Push Up Plank - 3 sets/30 sec.
Lying Leg Raises - 30 reps.
Weighted Crunches - 2 sets/10 reps/25lbs.

Today
Squats - warm up, 3 sets/5 reps/315lbs, 1 set/4 reps/325lbs.
I was going to do the last to sets at 325lbs but I tweaked my left hip on the 4th rep of the 4th set.
Bench Press - 4 sets/6 reps/235lbs, 4 sets/6 reps/245lbs (alt normal and narrow grip).
*super set*
Plate Curls - 4 sets/12 reps/45lbs plate.
OH Plate Extensions - 4 sets/12 reps/45lbs plate.

With my hip bothering me I passed on deadlifts. It doesn't seem to bother me when I'm standing or sitting. It does however ache when going up or down stairs and when I squat down. I'll take a hot bath tonight and maybe it will help.

Snowdaddy

No comments: