A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Speed Bench

My elbows are killing me. Yesterday's swimming aggravated the bursitis in my elbows. I don't have a serious problem, just once and a while. I thought about ending my work out early but toughed it out and finished. Here's how it went.

Speed Bench Press - 10 sets, 3 reps, 215lbs.
Inclined Dumbbell Press - 3 sets, 6 reps, 80/100/100lbs.
Dips - 3 sets, 6 reps, 50lbs assistance.
Supported Rows - 4 sets, 6 reps, 90/135/170/180lbs.
Standing Military Press - 3 sets, 6 reps, 135/135/155lbs.

Now that I resting my elbows feel much better. I think it was a combination of the cold pool water and the push ups. I'll be smarter next time.

Snowdaddy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saw some of your lifts on Iron Scene (Inzer's sight). Your 588 in November looked like 600+ would have happened. Glad to see you use the old style of lifting (squat - step out with the weight, bench - with a pause & feet flast, deadlift - just pick it up). Dude, I can't believe you squat *that* deep! I bet 600#'s easy if you squatted a little shallower! (Looked at least 2" deep!) Form in all lifts looked spot on! Nice work!