A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, November 16, 2007

Almost There

Last training day I was disappointed in my deadlift. I have since thought about my mistakes and went to the gym today to see about correcting them. I know it may seem a little late to be making correction but I'd rather do it now than in the warm up room. Here's what went up.

Warm up of squats up to 315lbs/3 reps.
Deadlifts (full gear, sumo) - 405lbs/3 reps, 495lbs/1 rep, 565lbs/1 rep.

Here's what I did wrong last training day. I was standing a bit too narrow and my grip on the bar was way too wide. As I pulled the bar up my hand with the over hand grip would drag on my quad and my grip would open. Today I had no such problems with the narrow grip and wide stance. 565lbs went up very well. Now on to my last squat and bench days.

Snowdaddy

No comments: